12.03.2009

Glad of heart

I've heard that a good burp and a good nap are signs of a good meal. I'm gonna take that for all that it's worth and say I did a good job this year with Thanksgiving. It was our first at this house and I was a little nervous (mostly about doing the turkey right, plus my family is pretty critical when it comes to food), but it all turned out pretty dang good. My only complaint for having it at my house this year would be all the food that was left over. I mean I'm one for thanksgiving leftovers, but our fridge was full for days after. It got a little sickening. We had a smaller group this year, which is unusual for my family and so I guess I'm just used to cooking for a crowd. There are few recipes I will have to cut in half if we ever do it again.
This year I would just like to say that I am most grateful for my husband (mushy i know). Johnson has to be one of the most hard working men I know. He is constantly aspiring for greater within himself and for his family. I love him dearly for every extra hour he puts in at work with his regular job and with teaching, rarely complaining. He's a loving, kind, patient, humble, enduring, spiritual man and he is at the top of my gratitude list this year. Next would of course be my kids.
She couldn't believe her uncle Levi/1st crush, would smoosh whip cream in her face. You think she would love the mess, but she "no can like this."

Papa was one of the first out.

Actually Malachi was the first out, before dinner even started, then Boston, Grandma and then papa.

Uncle Levi was next to go. He is about the only person I know that will pick the floor over a bed. Hope he enjoys that young body while it lasts.

Uncle Justin was next to go. Malachi was little confused bc it wasn't nap time anymore. It was a great day, but long. After everyone left Johnson and I were out at 8 o'clock sharp. I'm very grateful that my mom took the kids for the night...i was beat!

No comments: