12.14.2009

In our own backyard

We went out yesterday in search of a good background for a family picture and discovered that downtown Tacoma has some very beautiful surroundings and buildings....right in our own backyard. We all had a great time and the kids were very excited by the awesome bridges, art, waterfront and of course trains. It was cold as you can tell, but well worth the discovery. Behind us is the top of the Tacoma Glass Museum. I went there once with my cousin Celeste and it was very interesting how they process glass. I had no idea the technique it takes.
Statue display leading to the Glass Museum.

And another display of glass...



Boston following every move her big brother made. I was totally nervous letting her run around on this bridge. I think my own fear of heights played into it and the fact that she has no fears and is totally unpredictable.
Malachi playing peek-a-boo.

Malachi playing at that bottom entry of the Tacoma Art Museum.

This is a stair case that sits between Union Station (obviously) and the Art Museum.

One day we'll have to go for a train ride. Chi would love that.

She would too.

This is in front of the UW campus of Tacoma. When I was in labor with Boston we came for a walk down here to get things moving faster. We hadn't been back since. It was nice being there pain free.

No comments: