12.02.2009

Good ole' playdough

Once again simplicity was the name of the game today. I took some good ole' playdough, rollers, and cookie cutters and the kids were entertained for at least a good hour (well Chi was...Bos was done after about 15 minutes...not messy enough for her I guess). Chi was especially intrigued when he discovered that we could make letters out of playdough.
A special shout out goes to my gal pal Jaime for hooking me up with this GREAT recipe for the best playdough. It's so much better than the stuff you can buy in the store. It doesn't crumble and get everywhere and it's nice and soft for the kids. I didn't even feel I had to lay towels down around Boston today.
Playdough

1 cup flour
1 Tbl. oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
Food coloring or tempera paint
Glitter for extra sparkle

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir until a ball forms, cool, and play.

Note: the process happens faster than I thought I would. It probably took me 5 minutes to make it. I let the kids add the glitter, they had a lot of fun sprinking it on and it cleaned up really well because you can just roll the dough right over it for quick pick up.

No comments: