3.29.2009

Three-year-old Mania!

My little man is three... how crazy is that! I can't believe that it has been three years since the birth of this precious and beautiful child. It was been a true blessing from my Father in Heaven to be his mother here on earth and I thank Him everyday for letting me be in this little man's life. For those of you who have the priviledge of knowing Malachi you all know that he has an energy that is beyond comparison. One second he can be as rumbuxious as one would expect a three-year-old to be, but then turn around and be the most tender and timid child. I recognize these same traits in other young boys that I meet and I can only think that our Father in Heaven has something great in store for them to do. I just hope that I'm up for the job to keep him in close to me and close to God.

For Malachi's third b-day we went with a "Cars" theme and invited three of his close friends- Scarlett, Gavin, and Shawn along with his cousin Sophia, g-ma and g-pa Pixton, uncle Levi, aunt Sharlene and close family friends Davida, Landy & Koffi. We had a great time, but in the end I was one exhausted mama.

Let's hope these eight wheels don't lead to scratches and bruises.

Not the easiest thing I've done, but I got it done and that's all that matters.

Everyone loves hot dogs and cheetos...I think some of them may have even had a few carrots.


You can't really tell in this picture, but he was terrified of these candles and wouldn't get close enough to blow them out.


Everyone got into the cake except for Malachi- I'm pretty sure he didn't have one bite.


Gavin sure loved the cake... he insisted on eating the mouth portion of McQueen and then tried to request more frosting. We sent him home soon all sugared up!

A little too matching, but cute.

We played Ring Around The Rosie, London Bridges, Musical Chairs, Hokey Pokey, Follow The Leader and a balloon race. The two older girls really helped lead the younger ones and even Johnson got into the games.

They tried so hard to hold their bridge up, but Johnson was too big to go through.

Poor Scarlett tried really hard to get the balloon to stay.

They were just too little to keep those balloons in. Maybe next year.

Everyone loves Ring Around The Rosie.
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate this special day with my special little Chi.

1 comment:

bledsoeblog said...

Why has it taken me THIS long to find your blog?!!!!

I had the greatest time visiting with you and your cutest little kiddos! Thanks for taking time out of your busy drive to spend time with Chelsea and I! We loved seeing you and hope we can do it more often!

I look forward to stalking your blog more frequently now!!!! Beware!:)